We eased our way back into school this week. I really struggled. I’m not going to lie. I started the week filled with hope and energy. I knew we had a birthday in the middle of the week that would throw the rhythm in a different direction… I was ready for that. I was not ready to have a child up for 2 hours, sick in the middle of the night. I was not ready for an arthritic knees that would render me useless for long periods of time. I was not ready for real life. I wanted a couple of fairy tale weeks.
Even still, our first week back to school has come and gone. We did math, we read, we delighted in some activities.
- Top Left: We have a twelve year old in our house! She loves all things panda. You can read more about her birthday HERE.
- Middle Left: My precious Selah has been working so very hard this year. If you hang around this blog long enough, you will hear about Selah and why she is a miracle and every day with her is precious. Here is she working on math like a champ.
- Bottom Left: Back at it with The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts, Level K. This has been an amazing confidence boosting year. This little first grader has made massive leaps in her reading.
- Top Right: That time I dressed as Luigi and played live action Mario Kart at youth group. I am blessed to get to hang out with some pretty awesome students each week. My knees may creak and I may not say the hippest things… but I sure do think they are the bee’s knees!
- Bottom Middle: The sun has finally been shining here in Western North Carolina and our backyard has dried up a little. The chickens have been feeling frisky and finally started laying eggs again after a brief haitus.
- Botton Right: Legos. Always. She worked hard and knocked out her school on Monday morning so she could get back to the real work of the day… building her world.
What did you week look like? If you take a collage or picture to represent and post it on Instagram. I’d love to see it! Feel free to tag me (@thedelightdirectedhomeschooler)!!